Ten short stories of science fiction, post-apocalyptic fiction, suspense, and revenge.
The cover art (an homage to the mass market paperback short story collections of decades past) references the titular story, The Fingers of the Colossus, where an arrogant military expedition to a remote world makes a terrifying discovery.
The collection also features a story set in the world of The Oasis of Filth, prior to the main events of that series.
The compilation includes:
- The Space Between – One in a million odds can seem a lot more dangerous when you’re millions of miles from home.
- The Last – When you can’t remember your past, do you still have a future?
- The Vacancy of Dreams – A prequel story in the world of The Oasis of Filth.
- Black Fire – Of all the mages, Huldrych was, by far, the least respected, and for one simple reason: he was incapable of producing black fire.
- All That You Know is Lost and Abandoned – An innocent conversation is one way to pass the time, even for those who may not be innocent.
- Tilting – In the frigid waters off Kodiak, Alaska, a man can lose himself. Or be lost.
- The Fingers of the Colossus – Failure is not an option for a colonel in the queen’s forces, even when the entire planet may be against him.
- Time in Time – Some things are never really lost.
- Have a Seat by the Fire – Angela Vengaza sits in a small house in the middle of nowhere on a mountainside, hoping to hold on for an hour.
- Walking on the Spot – A grandfather and grandson, like mirrors through time, debate fate before taking an important journey.
Buy now from